Disable internal Windows program settings in Windows 10.
Windows 10 options include a page that allows you to join the Windows Insider program and manage how you receive drafts. For example, users of a stable version of Windows 10 can quickly upgrade to the new version to test for new features (and bugs). You can disable this page in settings.
The screenshot below shows how the disabled Windows Insider page looks in the settings.
Windows Insider program settings disabled in Windows 10
You can disable the options on the page so that the settings are not changed. In addition, system administrators may want to impose restrictions to prevent other users from joining the program and receiving unstable versions.
In this article, you will learn how to disable the Windows Insider program settings in Windows 10. You can use two methods: the Local Group Policy Editor application and the Registry Configuration.
Perform the following steps to disable internal Windows program settings in Windows 10.
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor application.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Windows Update for Business.
- On the right side, find the Manage Building Policy Overview option and double-click it.
- Set the policy to On.
- Select the desired reset channel from the drop-down menu, e.g. Dev, Beta or Release Preview.
- Click OK and Apply.
Finally, by setting the Manage Preview Build Policy option to Unconfigured or Disabled, users can determine the default options of the Insider program.
You can also apply a registry setting to disable the options on the “Windows Insider” page. Proceed as follows.
Disable Windows Insider options in the registry
- Open the “Registration” application.
- Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsUpdate key
. You can open this key with a single click.
- Create the missing subcategories, if they are missing on your computer.
- Create a new 32-bit DWORD value to the right of the WindowsUpdate key. Even if you are using 64-bit Windows, you must create a 32-bit DWORD value.
- Name it ManagePreviewBuildsPolicyValue and set one of the following values.
- 1 = Enable front page options in settings (default).
- 2 = Disable front page options in settings (default).
- Now create a new DWORD value, BranchReadinessLevel, and set it to one of the following values.
- 2 = Accept Dev channel assembly.
- 4 = Obtain a beta channel assembly.
- 8 = Example of the output of the received builds.
- You can now close the registry editor.
Tip 👉Bonus: The Windows Insider page can also be hidden via “Settings”.
Winero is counting on your support. With these options, you can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software:
According to Sergei Tkachenko, the last update for Windows 10 will be on February 5, 2021.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
Frequently asked questions
How do I get rid of Windows Insider?
Go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Insider > Stop Internal Previews to see your options. If you are in the beta or release preview chain, you can enable the button to stop previewing builds on your device when the next major version of Windows 10 comes online.
How do you get out from under insider trading?
Remove the internal settings of the Windows program. Click on the “Upgrade and Security” button. Click on the Windows Insider Program button. Under “Stop preview build”, turn on the toggle switch.
How do I activate Windows Insider?
On your Windows 10 device, go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Insider Program. (You must be the administrator of the device to see this setting). Click Start. Under Choose an account to start, select + to sign in to your registered Microsoft account and continue.
disable windows insider program group policy, windows insider program opt out, windows insider program opt out group policy, remove windows 10 insider preview watermark, how to remove windows 10 insider preview, how to opt out of windows insider program 2020, remove windows insider windows 10, unable to opt out of windows insider program